Professor Salvatore Badalamenti is the Nephrology and Dialysis Unit Director in Humanitas Research Hospital.
He has graduated at the Università degli Studi of Milan and is specialised in Medical Nephrology, Liver Diseases and Replacement.
Medical areas of interest:
- clinical nephrology and dialysis, chronic renal failure and its complications (anemia, osteodystrophy)
- preparation of vascular access for hemodialysis
- acid-base balance disorders. continuous renal replacement therapy in intensive care (CRRT)
- hepatorenal syndrome
- emergency medicine
- 1990-1995 Polyclinic Hospital, Milan, Italy
He was a Staff grade specialist. Focused on infectious complications in dialysis treatments, particularly hepatitis C and anaemia, and nephrological and dialysis emergencies.
- 1986-1990 Provincial Hospital Clinic , Barcelona, Spain
He completed his PhD in Renal and Hepatic pathophysiology. Especially focused on the study of renal complications in patients with liver disease.
Research areas of interest:
- clinical nephrology
- anemia and erythropoietin in renal failure and dialysis
- continuous renal replacement therapy in intensive care (crrt)
- hepatorenal syndrome.
- phgosis and pentraxine in renal failure
He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Italian Society of Nephrology (SIN).
He is Professor of Internal Medicine and Emergency medicine and Professor of Nephrology at Università degli Studi of Milan.