International Department of Humanitas Research Hospital has helped over 20.000 people from over 150 nations to receive exceptional medical care, offered by world-level doctors that use state-of-the-art technology and follow the latest care protocols. The goal of the Department is to ensure that international patients have comfortable and stress-free stay at our Hospital. To this end, we offer continued organizational, language, and psychological support and provide interpreters, night nurses, remote 24h translation services, medical reports in patients’ native languages, and other services, which facilitate our patients’ treatment and recovery.
Note, that Humanitas Research Hospital holds contractual provider agreements with numerous international insurance companies. Therefore, if you have a medical plan with one of these insurers, you can receive medical care at Humanitas without bearing the cost, by letting your insurer cover the expenses.
Humanitas International Department is the reference point for non-Italian patients throughout the entire course of treatment, acting as your care tutor:
- We first gather all the details on your medical case and, together with our doctors, create your personalized treatment/check-up plan.
- We tell you all the details regarding your stay and provide you a cost estimate before your arrival.
- We help you plan your trip to Italy, assisting you with a medical visa application (if needed), hotel booking and transportation arrangement.
- We make sure there is no language barrier between you and your doctor, by providing both face-to-face and 24/7 phone translation services.
- We remain present during your stay at Humanitas, booking further appointments, if needed, resolving any issues that might arise, and addressing all your questions.
- When you are ready to be discharged or leave the Hospital, we make sure all your doctors’ recommendations are clear to you and you have all the reports you need.
- We stay in touch after you’ve returned to your country, ready to help you book any follow-up appointments you might need.
Online treatment request:
+39 02 8224 6579
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Italian time)
If you are already at Humanitas and need our assistance, you can reach us with the extension number 6579.