Who can undergo a check-up?
Any individual can undergo a medical check-up. It is highly recommended that men under the age of 40 undergo a regular checkup in order to improve and maintain healthy lifestyle choices.
Why undergo a check-up?
Today, the human body continues to undergo the constant pressure of an intense and stressful lifestyle. A check-up ensures the best way for any individual to learn about themselves and help prevent any diseases from occurring or keep them under control. Thus, a check-up allows the evaluation of an individual’s overall health status in a matter of minutes and continuance of monitoring any pathology along the way.
The patient will be greeted by a highly qualified Humanitas doctor who will create a personalized program for further investigation of the patient’s overall health status and continue to follow them through each step of the process along the way. The patient will also be seen by a specialist who will provide them with their results and all the necessary information needed to help trace the framework of their health.
As communication is a key feature among a doctor and their patient, the aim of Humanitas is to provide the patient with health awareness as well as all the necessary information and tools that they might need to care for themselves and their loved ones.
- Ideal quality and expertise of HUMANITAS specialists
- Tutor doctors and dedicated medical staff members
- 360 degree view of patients through data integration, assistance and multi-disciplinary approach
When to undergo a check-up?
Any individual can undergo a medical check-up any day of the week, from Monday through Friday.
What does a check-up entail?
- Complete abdominal ultrasound: Using an ultrasonic probe, the operator can view the organs and main blood vessels that are located in the abdomen
- Bicycle ergometer exercise testing: By using an electrocardiogram, the operator can record the patient’s heart activity before, during and after physical effort on a tool similar to an exercise bike
- Blood test* : a sample of the patient’s blood via vein can help evaluate the main organs and provide useful information as to their function within the body
- General practice specialist
- Dermatology specialist
- Cardiac specialist
The patient can also add a specialist of their own choosing, including those offered by Humanitas LAB.
The reception desk is included in a dedicated space where staff members come to provide everything that is necessary to put the patient at ease (clothing designed to facilitate visits and examinations, useful information).
The doctor conducts an initial visit (check-in) and based on the patient’s specific characteristics and requirements, defines the path for the indicated diagnostic investigations.
(*) Uric acid test, Complete Urine Exam, Alanine aminotransferase GPT, HCV antibodies, Australia antigen test, aspartate aminotransferase GOT, total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, Creatinine, blood count + Platelets, Gammaglutamiltranspeptidasi, glucose, thyroid stimulating hormone thyrotropin, Prothrombin Time, partial thromboplastin time, Triglycerides, speed erythrocyte, occult blood in the stool, , Prostate Specific Antigen test, Serum-calcium levels, inorganic phosphate test, and alkaline phosphatase test.