- 2015 Head, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, and Director of Cardiovascular Research, Humanitas Research Hospital
- 2012 – 2015 Professor, University of Milan
- 2009 – 2013 Adjunct Professor of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA
- 2008 – 2012 Professor, University of Milan Bicocca
- 2012 – 2012 Acting Chair, Department of Biomedical Sciences, National Research Council of Italy
- 2006 – 2012 Head, Department of Medicine, National Research Council of Italy
- 2005 – 2016 Scientific Director, Multimedica Research Hospital, Milan
- 2006 – 2009 Associate Professor, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA
- 2003 Associate Research Scientist, Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla CA
- 1999 – 2006 Associate Professor, University La Sapienza, Rome
- 1999 – 2002 Assistant Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia
I have had a longstanding interest in the molecular mechanisms of cardiovascular diseases, in particular myocardial hypertrophy and failure and essential hypertension. A significant share of my research relates to the role of non-coding RNAs and epigenetics in regulating cardiovascular homeostasis and diseases. Other lines of research relate to monogenic cardiovascular diseases, in particular cardiomyopathies (genetics and iPSC models of diseases) and biomarkers of cardiovascular diseases in clinical pathophysiological conditions.
- Carè, A., Catalucci, D., Felicetti, F., Bonci, D., Ruiz-Lozano, P., Gallo, P., Segnalini, P., Bang, M.L., Dorn, G.W.2nd, Ellingsen, O., Croce, C.M., Peschle, C., and Condorelli, G.(2007): MicroRNA-133 controls cardiac myocyte hypertrophy. Nature Medicine, 13(5):613-8.
- Elia, L., Contu, R., Quitavalle, M., Varrone, F., Chimenti, C., Russo, M.A., Cimino, V., De Marinis, L.,, Frustaci, A., Catalucci, D., Condorelli, G.(2009): Reciprocal regulation of microRNA-1 and IGF-1 signal transduction cascade in cardiac and skeletal muscle in physiological and pathological conditions; Circulation, 120(23):2377-85.
- Elia, L. Quintavalle, M., Zhang, J., Contu, R., Cossu, L., Latronico, M.V.G., Peterson, K.L., Indolfi, C., Catalucci, D., Chen, J., Courtneidge. S.A., and Condorelli, G., (2009) The knockout of miR-143 and -145 alters smooth muscle cell maintenance and vascular homeostasis in mice: correlates with human disease. Cell Death and Diff. 16(12):1590-8
- Zhang, D.H., Latronico, M.V.G., Zhang, J.L., Contu, R., Rizzi, R., Catalucci, D., Peterson, K.L., Brown, J.H., Chen, J, Sonenberg, N. and Condorelli G. (2010): mTORC-1 regulates cardiac function and myocyte survival through 4E-BP-1 inhibition. The Journal of Clinical Investigation, 120(8):2805-16
- Papait, R., Cattaneo, P., Kunderfranco, P., Greco, C., Carullo, P., Guffanti, A., Viganò, V., Stirparo, G.G., Latronico, M.V.G., Hasenfuss, G., Chen, J. and Condorelli, G., (2013) Genome-wide analysis of histone marks identifying an epigenetic signature of promoters and enhancers underlying cardiac hypertrophy. PNAS USA, 110(50):20164-9