Paolo Casale is the Urology Unit Director in Humanitas Research Hospital.
Medical areas of interest:
his main focus is surgical treatment of oncological and functional diseases of the kidney, bladder and prostate.
He has developed a particular interest in conservative oncological surgery of the kidneys, both traditional and minimally invasive (laparoscopic and robotic), and has dedicated himself to the study of prostate and bladder oncological pathologies, with particular attention to the different urinary derivations, such as orthotopic neobladders.
Research areas of interest:
Surgical techniques in the treatment of kidney, bladder and prostate cancer.
- 1999 – 2014 University Hospital of Pisa – Pisa (PI), Italy
Medical Director at the Urology Unit 2 (Reference Center for Kidney tumors) headed by Dr. Francesco Francesca. Here he served as the organization and surgical training manager in the operating room of Residents in Urology and Students of Degree in Medicine and Surgery. He has also held the following positions:
- May 2012 – May 2013: Head of the Section of Professional interdisciplinary relevance of Robot-assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
- Nov 2008 – April 2012: Head of the Robot assisted Laparoscopic Surgery.
- 1994 – 2004: Research Fellow in Laparoscopic Surgery and Robotics at the Glickman Urological Institute at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation on advanced laparoscopic procedures, Robotic Surgery and Minimally Invasive Surgery – Cleveland – USA. (Chief: IS Gill).
- December 1995 – May 1996: Research Fellow at the Department of Urology, Henry Ford Hospital – Detroit – Michigan – USA. (Chief: JO Peabody).
- 1994: Clinical Internship at the Department of Urology, Montefiore Medical Center – Albert Einstein University – New York – USA. (Chief: A. Mellman).