Prof. Armando Santoro is Director of Cancer Center in Humanitas Research Hospital. The Center treats over 30.000 patients every year. Dr. Santoro’s post-graduate research was carried out at the Unité de Development Therapeutique (Institut de Cancerologie et d'Immunogenetique, Villejuif of Paris) from 1974 to1975, and from 1976 to 1977 in the Division of Medical Oncology of the National Cancer Institute of Milan.
In 1977, he specialized in Clinical and Laboratory Hematology at the University of Rome. In 1979 he completed his fellowship post-graduate work in the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center of New York and then at Stanford University. In 1980, he specialized in Oncology at the University of Genoa.
From 1992-1997 Dr. Santoro was Contract Professor at the Specialization School in Clinical Pathology at Pavia University. From 1993 to 2002 President of the Rare Tumors Group.
- Since 1997 he is the Director of the Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Milan. Dr Santoro is Member of the Ethics Committee of Istituto Clinico Humanitas and Director of Clinical Research in this same Institute since 2007.
- Since 2008 he is Member of the Planning Committee, Ministry of Work and of Health and Social Politics, Rome – Italy.
- Since October 2008 he is Councellor of the Board of Directors of the Fondazione Humanitas for Research Rozzano – Italy.
- Since November 2008 He is Expert Member of the National Centre for the Prevention and Control of Disease, Ministry of Work and of Health and Social Politics, Rome – Italy
- Since February 5, 2009 he is National Representative preparatory actions for the "European Partnership for Action against Cancer" Ministry of Work and of Health and Social Politics, Rome – Italy.
- Since February, 2009 he is member of National Italian Committee on the Research Network in Oncology, Ministry of Work and of Health and Social Politics, Rome – Italy.
- Since May, 2009 he is Coordinator of the Esophageal-Stomach Cancer Group Coordinator of the Liver and Biliary Tree Cancer Group, Regional Oncology Commission – Lombardy Oncology Network.