Clinical area of interest
- Involved in the gynaecologic oncology section which included the outpatient setting, the pre-operative work-up, and all the follow-up examination for patients affected by gynaecological malignancies such as cervical cancer, endometrial cancer, ovarian cancer, vulvar cancer and vaginal cancer.
- Management of all benign gynaecologic condition (fibroids, heavy painful periods, ovarian cysts, endometriosis)
- Management of urogynaecological issues (pelvic organ prolapse and female urinary incontinence)
- Screening and management of the low-genital tract disease, including those related to HPV infection (Pap smear, colposcopy, conisation, HPV testing and vaccination.)
- Relevant contribution for the establishment of the gynaecological tumour-Board and Development of all the internal protocols for gynaecological cancer in agreement with the newest standard worldwide.
- Involved in hundreds of gynaecological surgical procedures such as: surgical staging for gynaecologic malignancies and debulking procedures, benign conditions (including hysterectomies and adnexal procedures) pelvic prolapse repair.
Jan 2014 (Expire date Jan 2020)
National Scientific Qualification for Assistant Professor in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Released by the Italian Ministry of Education, Universities and Research (MIUR)
- In charge for all the clinical researching activities, the publication of scientific papers and the data management.
- Minimally invasive approach (laparoscopic/robot assisted) for the management oh high risk patients
- Robotic surgical management of apparently early stage gynaecological malignancies
- Robotic surgical management of apparently locally advanced gynaecological malignancies after neoadjuvant chemotherapy
- Sentinel node mapping in gynaecologic oncology
More than 100 publications including:
- 48 peer-reviewed articles available in Medline http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=siesto+g
- More than 50 abstracts for National and International conferences
- 3 monographs chapters on specialized textbooks
- Citation h-index: 13 (by ISI web of Knowledge)
Member of the Editorial Board and Reviewer for several International Medial Journals.