Professor Corrado Tinterri is the Director of the Breast Unit at Humanitas International Hospital since 2008.
The fields he is interested in are plastic and reconstructive surgery of the breast, senological oncology, treatments of breast cancer after neoadjuvant chemotherapy and loco-regional treatment of breast cancer.
During years, he has developed a huge activity research:
- Technical manager as medical researcher of the three-year project “Reconstructive surgical treatment of the breast within the psycho-physical of the mastectomized woman”, funded by the Emilia-Romagna Region, under the second programme of finalized research (1991-1993);
- Technical-scientific manager (together with Doctor Alberto Costa) of the Clinical Research Project “RT 55-75: Italian national controlled multicentre clinical study for the comparison of radiotherapy in women between 55 and 75 years undergoing conservative breast cancer surgery” (2000-2005);
- Technical-scientific manager and principal investigator of the Clinical Research Project ““Si.no.DAR. One” Italian multicentre clinical trial randomized on operable breast cancer: breast cancer T1-T2, a comparison between the removal and the storage of axillary lymph nodes in the presence of sentinel lymph node metastases” (2015-2020);
- Scientific director and main investigator of the Clinical Research Project ““NEO Node 2” Italian multicentre clinical study on breast cancer T1-T2-T3/CN+: conservation of axillary lymph nodes in the presence of micro-metastases in the sentinel node after neoadjuvant chemotherapy” (open study started in 2020);
- Study coordinator of the Clinical Mono-Institutional Project of Humanitas “Identification of the breast vascular barrier and its role in breast cancer metastatization process” (open study started in 2018).
- Member of the Stering Committee of the Study “Analysis of combined assessment of Radiomics pattern in F-FDG-PET/CT, Immunogenic Cell Death induction and Microbiota in the prediction of response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in breast cancer patients: a proof-of-concept study (RIMNAC study)” (open study started in 2019);
- Study coordinator of International Project “A multicentre, single arm, prospective, stratified clinical investigation to evaluate the screening ability of mammowave in breast lesion” DE-17-17” Clinical investigation device class IIa” (open study started in 2020).
Professor Tinterri covers also many roles, such as he is responsible of Simple Structure Senology Day Hospital at Maugeri Foundation in Pavia since 2004, where he also is, since 2000 Help doctor in General Surgery Unit and collaborates with the IEO institute.
In addition, he is First Level Executive Doctor Fascia B since 1996 and Head of the Breast Surgery and Mammography Screening since 1998. In addition, Professor Tinterri is First Level Executive Doctor Fascia B of General Surgery since 1995.
Current Teaching Activity: he teaches as associate Professor at Humanitas University.