A healthy dip that combines Mediterranean flavours with a Middle Eastern touch.
- 1-2 beetroots
- ½ bunch coriander
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil,
- 100ml lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cardamom (or to taste)
- ½ tsp ground sumac (or to taste)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Boil the beetroot so that it is easy to peel but be careful not to overboil.
- Peel the beetroot and combine in a food processor with the remaining ingredients.
- Pulse in the food processor until smooth or to your desired consistency.
- Add to mixing bowl and allow for it to cool before serving.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.
Beets provide antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and detoxification support to our bodies.