Temazepam is mainly used against the problems of insomnia. It can help you fall asleep or prevent awakenings during sleep.
What is Temazepam?
Temazepam is a benzodiazepine. It acts on brain molecules, which can cause insomnia without the proper balance.
How should Temazepam be taken?
Temazepam is taken orally immediately before bedtime.
Side effects associated with Temazepam
Among the possible adverse effects of Temazepam are included:
- Amnesia or forgetfulness
- Muscle weakness, lack of balance or coordination
- Numbness, burning, pain or tingling
- Headache, blurred vision, depression
- Nervousness, excitement or irritability
- Nausea, vomiting or upset stomach
- Dry mouth, increased thirst
It is important to immediately contact a doctor if taking Temazepam triggers any of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing
- Tightness in the chest
- Swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue
- Weak or shallow breathing
- Fast or pounding heartbeat
- Confusion, difficulty in articulating words, unusual thoughts or behavior
- Hallucinations, agitation, aggression
- Suicidal or self-harming thoughts
- Uncontrollable movements of the eye muscles, tongue, jaw or neck
- Paleness, bruising or bleeding, unusual fatigue
- Fever, chills, aches or flu-like symptoms
- Difficulty passing urine
- Nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice
Contraindications and warnings associated with the use of Temazepam
Intake of Temazepam is contraindicated during pregnancy and before the age of 18.
Before starting the treatment it is important to tell your doctor if:
- You have any allergies to the active substance, to other components, drugs (in particular to other benzodiazepines) or food
- You are taking other medications, herbal remedies and supplements, especially fluvoxamine, itraconazole, ketoconazole, and nefazodone
- You suffer (or have suffered) from breathing problems, glaucoma, liver or kidney disease, myasthenia gravis, depression
- You have suicidal thughts
- You have an addiction to drugs or alcohol
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
The medication can cause drowsiness and dependence and it should not be taken with alcohol or medicines that may in turn induce drowsiness.